I wonder how often you are struggling with a small issue that is very irritating and there is a low chance of solving it or at least you do not see any potential for addressing it. For me, such a thing was PowerPoint spellchecker. Right now, I would say that most of your presentation should be done in English and this is a natural choice for me. And there is a small issue related to PowerPoint. Microsoft application is not perfect and it has small issues with languages:
As you can see this whole slide is in English and I added only one sentence to it to show you how it works. And as you can see PowerPoint is showing that there are some errors in it. Form my perspective this behaviour is a bit weird. My whole presentation is in English and the last sentence is recognised as in Polish. The solution to this issue is quite simple. You need to select all items where language has been wrongly detected and correct language that is assigned to them.
Last time I decided that I should solve this issue because I was waisting to much time on it. I needed to figure out a solution that will work as described but automatically. And the solution was just a few steps in front of me – VBA. We can write a simple macro that will do all described actions:
Sub ChangeProofingLanguageToEnglish() Dim j, k As Integer Dim languageID As MsoLanguageID 'Set this to your preferred language languageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishUK 'Loop all the slides in the document, and change the language For j = 1 To ActivePresentation.Slides.Count For k = 1 To ActivePresentation.Slides(j).Shapes.Count ChangeAllSubShapes ActivePresentation.Slides(j).Shapes(k), languageID Next k Next j 'Loop all the master slides, and change the language For j = 1 To ActivePresentation.SlideMaster.CustomLayouts.Count For k = 1 To ActivePresentation.SlideMaster.CustomLayouts(j).Shapes.Count ChangeAllSubShapes ActivePresentation.SlideMaster.CustomLayouts(j).Shapes(k), languageID Next k Next j 'Change the default presentation language, so that all new slides respect the new language ActivePresentation.DefaultLanguageID = languageID End Sub Sub ChangeAllSubShapes(targetShape As Shape, languageID As MsoLanguageID) Dim i As Integer, r As Integer, c As Integer If targetShape.HasTextFrame Then targetShape.TextFrame.TextRange.languageID = languageID End If If targetShape.HasTable Then For r = 1 To targetShape.Table.Rows.Count For c = 1 To targetShape.Table.Columns.Count targetShape.Table.Cell(r, c).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.languageID = languageID Next Next End If Select Case targetShape.Type Case msoGroup, msoSmartArt For i = 1 To targetShape.GroupItems.Count ChangeAllSubShapes targetShape.GroupItems.Item(i), languageID Next i End Select End Sub
Just one thing. Please remember that this macro should be inserted as a module. I hope you can see that you can change proofing language by updating the following line:
languageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishUK
And running it is very simple. You need to go to Developer tab an open Macros. Then you need to find our macro on the list and run it:
With such a small thing, you can save a lot of your time.